Intake before August 2016 | Intake after August 2016
*For PPGA 2nd Major students admitted in 2016 and after.
To take Public Policy and Global Affairs as their second Major, students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 4.0 in their first year at university. Due to limited space, admission to the second Major is based on academic merit.
Students who choose Public Policy and Global Affairs as their second Major are required to complete the 3 core courses below and at least 8 prescribed electives from the below two categories; at least 2 must be level 4000 courses.
3 CORE COURSES (9 AUs)
- HA1001 Introduction to International Relations
- HA1003 Introduction to Public Administration
- HA1012 Fundamentals of Politics
8 PRESCRIBED ELECTIVES (26 AUs)
Politics and International Relations
Public Policy and Public Administration
- HA2009 The Making of E-government
- HA2011 Cost-benefit Analysis in Public Policy
- HA2012 Global Problems and Policy
- HA2013 Comparative Public Policy
- HA2014 Public Organization and Management
- HA2016 Global Governance & Regulation
- HA2020 Socio-Political Analysis in Public Policy
- HA2024 Statistical Foundations for Public Administration and Policy
- HA3007 Public Budgeting and Financial Management
- HA3010 Mass Media and Public Policy
- HA3013 Managing Human Behavior in the Public Sector
- HA4006 Special Topic in Public Administration
- HA4011 Public Administration: Past, Present & Future
- HA4012 Challenging Issues in Singapore
- HA4017 Economic Issues for Public Decision Making
- HA4018 Policy Evaluation
- HA4025 Designing and Conducting Qualitative Research
- HA4026 Selected Topics in Healthcare and Ageing
- HA4031 Human Capital Management in the Government
- HA4032 What is a City?
- HA4034 Causal Inference In Policy Evaluation
- HA4035 Food Politics and Policies